Being an artist can be one of the most fulfilling careers, but can also be one of the most frustrating. The time and effort that goes into creating, often leaves little time for other tasks such as marketing, networking, website development, and financials. Working with numerous artists, I have found that artists sometimes don’t know the best ways to use their time and attack all of these different challenges. I am here to help!
With experience, starting and running my own art business, growing an online and physical art gallery and teaching local artists how to better run their art business, I have learned the art business inside an out. As with any creative undertaking, every person and every plan will be different, so I offer a free session to set some goals and discover how I can help your business prosper and grow. We will determine your bottlenecks, areas need improvement and how to best utilize your time to increase productivity and drive sales so you can ultimately get back into the studio doing what you love.
My mission is to figure out where you are in your art business and develop a plan to get you to where you want to be.
Take the first step towards achievable goals that will create a lasting impact on your business.
- Manageable 1 hour sessions in-person at the gallery or your studio or over Skype
- An achievable action plan after each meeting
- Email or text check-ins on your progress
- Unlimited access to email or call Hayley with additional questions between sessions
- 1st 1/2 hour goal setting session is free
- $50 per hour for each following session
- Help setting up, automating and running social media accounts and other marketing tools
- Help setting up financial tools, bank accounts, Quickbooks, etc.
- Giveaway, Newsletter, and art release planning
- Website development and assistance
Read below to learn a little bit about different topics we will cover from how to save money on your taxes to how to save time on social media!
TESTIMONIALS"Hayley has been wonderful to work with to try and take my side hustle to the next level. She had the idea to do a series release instead of letting work stay stagnant on the site, which was hugely successful. Also, I expressed concern for how my commissions were disorganized and she helped me make a commission questionnaire and pricing sheet. For every problem big or small that I faced, Hayley had a solution."
- Business and Financial Goals
- How to Reach the Ideal Client
- Time Management and Organization
- Goals for the Future
BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL BASICS
- Business Setup
- Banking and Accounting
- Sales Tax
- Pricing Art
- Creating Your Email List
- Writing a Good Newsletter
- Art Releases
- Social Media for Business
- Developing a Marketing Calendar
- Partnerships and Press
- Galleries vs. Designers vs. Selling Direct to Clients
- Website development - yes every artist should have one even if you don't use it to sell!
- Commission Process
- Expanding or Diversifying Inventory
- Payment Processors
- Shipping Best Practices
- Cutting Down Supply Costs
- Getting Organized and Developing a Schedule
- Maintaining Creativity
- Handle Growth
- Handle "Slow" Times